Growing up in a family where Marriage was promoted, but no necessarily taken seriously and fully understood has shown me so much in terms of what a ” REAL” marriage should look like. A marriage is not just about wearing a ring and committing to one person. A marriage is not just living together under one roof and having children with your spouse. I know this because ive watched my family do these things and their marriages still did not flourish which raised an eyebrow for me to wonder……What is marriage truly?
When I began dating my husband, I knew the ultimate goal for me was marriage. I was so eager to make that step but in my considering moments I wanted to be sure that it would last forever, but how could I be so sure? So I began to do my research
- Watching love stories
- Talking to other married couples
- Getting advice on do’s and dont’s from people had been divorced
- Learning from trial and error
I quickly realized that there was no exact/ right or wrong formula to a successful marriage, but there are a few key pointers that have been tremendously helpful. Here are my top 3 that I find to helpful in making my marriage a success so far!
- COMMUNICATION- understanding each other verbally is step one. There shouldn’t be ANYTHING that you two can’t discuss together. Build and unbreakable bond.
- TRUST- know that you two are completely down for each other no matter what. No man or women should ever come between you and break your bond. Your bond should be so strong that you never question one another’s behaviors toward someone else.
- LOVE- Love on each other endlessly. Never stop trying. Keep the spark alive. Date often. Try new things often and NEVER stop for as long as your marriage last. This seals the bond and keeps it thriving.
Marriage can be a beautiful thing when you do it right. I’m 10 months in and loving every trial, error, smile, frown, happy moment, and laughter.
I will never give up and I Pray you all will do the same.
Much love and signing out for now- Love you guys